Sunday, November 18, 2018

Wiki So Far

For our class wiki, I have contributed to three sections: New Media in Investing, New Media in Gaming, and New Media in Sports. Within the Investing subwiki, I took out what was already there because I knew there was a lot of misinformation. Coming from a finance background, I was familiar with the section I edited and was able to contribute to the subwiki by explaining in simple terms for investment banking is and what it entails. I broke the field into several segments in which people see investment banking and how the whole process works as a whole. Within the Gaming section, I added another category within the First Person Shooter section. This category was Counter Strike: Global Offensive, one of the most popular first person shooter games out there today. I am familiar with the game because I play it myself, so I was able to describe what the objective of the game is and why people find it so popular. To give people a better picture of what the game is, I included an image of Counter Strike: Global Offensive so people can see what gameplay is like. Lastly, I contributed to the Sports section by explaining how new media is used within sports. Since my term paper was very similar to what I wanted to talk about within this section, I was able to incorporate some of the research I conducted for my term paper into this part, which involves explaining the concept of digital streaming and why media companies are so eager to use this strategy nowadays.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dennis! Seems interesting to read how you will be using new media for business purpose. Cant wait to read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dennis, as a Finance major myself, I can vouch that investment banking can get complex and it is great that you are going to simplify it. This would help people, particularly non-business majors, understand it and have a better understanding of investing.

    ReplyDelete